Who We Are:
The purpose of the Play School is to initiate the interaction of young children and adults in a developmental environment. There is no religious instruction. We offer an inclusive, anti-bias, multi-cultural, welcoming environment open to all children 2, 3, and 4 years old. We believe in bringing children together in a “play” environment, rather than an academically inclined atmosphere, to help them learn and grow!
- To provide young children with the opportunity of interacting with other adults, materials and children of similar age.
- To develop, during informal play experiences, self-confidence and independence.
- To aid children in the growth of social and multi-cultural awareness, physical acuity and mental activity.
- To help children develop a good self concept.
- To assist children in making the transition from home and parent to school and teacher.
- To make children aware of community services and help them to develop a community mindedness.
- To develop language skill.
- To develop an awareness of art, music, and nature.
- To learn respect for the rights of others and how to handle feelings toward oneself and others, to encourage the development of good manners.
New Paltz Play School was founded in 1968.
Our school runs from September until June as well as holds summer classes in the month of July.
Our Class Times are as follows:
- 2 Year Old Class: 9:15am – 11:45am, meets 2 – 5 days a week.
- 3 Year Old Class: 9:15am – 11:45am, meets 2 – 5 days a week.
- 4 Year Old Class: 9:00am – 12:00pm, meets 2 – 5 days a week.